International Scholars Academy
The International Scholars Academy at Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn offers international students an incredible opportunity to receive an outstanding college preparatory education from Brooklyn’s oldest independent co-educational college preparatory school, founded in 1863. The transition for international students relocating to the United States can at times be a difficult one. The goal of Adelphi’s program is to ensure a seamless transition for incoming students by providing every opportunity for our international students to assimilate to the American Culture and achieve success.
All international students will receive the benefit of our rigorous College Preparatory classes while also receiving a tailored and individualized program of services and study. All students learn differently and our small class sizes allow for a great deal of differentiation and individualized focus. All students will work with our College Guidance Counselor and participate in bi-weekly group sessions to discuss the local culture, transitioning and socialization. Students will also participate in tutorial sessions for homework and classroom assistance as well as receive English Language Instruction classes on a daily basis.
Adelphi is designated a “Regents Exempt” school by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. Because the Board of Regents has determined that Adelphi’s standards exceed Regents requirements, our students are exempt from the examinations. When students graduate from Adelphi, Colleges and Universities, many of which are familiar with Adelphi’s advanced curriculum are often eager to consider our student’s applications based on the reputation of our program and our intensified instruction.
Most importantly, Adelphi proudly maintains a 100% high school graduation rate as well as a 100% college acceptance rate. This has proudly been Adelphi’s standard for over 150 years.
Below are just some of the benefits for international students receiving an Adelphi education:
- College Preparatory School with 100% Graduation and College Placement rate
- English Language Instruction & Cultural Assimilation Classes
- Weekly communication with parents/guardians
- 6 International Student Progress Reports & 3 International Student Report Cards each year
- For the convenience of student and parents/guardians, all homework and school information is posted on our website
- “Regents Exempt” Status
- SAT Preparation
- College Credit classes through Adelphi University
- Rolling Admissions
- Individualized programs and Accommodations fit to meet the needs of each student
- Independent Study and Grade Booster classes to enhance student GPA and classroom performance
- Strong focus placed on integrity and character above all else
- Preparing students for the world through real life experiences
- Strong focus placed on socialization, group work critical thinking and individuality
- Strong focus placed on the education of the “total child” which includes Fine Arts, Athletics, Leadership, Mentoring and College Guidance