Mission Statement & Goals
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn’s Student Advisory Board is composed of a group of students who strive to do the following:
- Encourage active and meaningful communication between the students of the school and the school administration, faculty & staff
- Always strive to increase school spirit and morale
- Create and mature the overall education of current students and set goals to better the educational experience
- Represent and present the interests of the students to the administrative policymaking bodies of Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn
- Make every effort to inspire and instill respect, tolerance, acceptance and community within the school community
- Always stress their “CODE” (see below)
- Be a true Adelphian by upholding the school’s Code of Ethics
Character: moral or ethical quality; the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of the person or thing. What’s your character? How do you represent yourself? How can you be described?
Opinion: a personal view, attitude or appraisal. What’s your opinion on things? Do you have your own opinion? What contributes to your opinion?
Drive: to strive vigorously toward a goal or objective. What makes you do what you do? What’s your motivation? Why?
Ethic: the rules of conduct as recognized by a group or culture; one’s morals and principles. What’s your work ethic? What are your morals and values?